Post to Nancy's blog

If you would like to share some words about Nancy, email them to:
blackpiano1.NancyCooley@blogger.com
and they will automatically be added to this blog.

Or email pictures/text to Janice: blackpiano@yahoo.com and she'll post them for you.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nancy says it won't be long...

I visited Nancy at lunch today and she's definitely more tired than yesterday. Her breathing seems to take more effort and she's slower to respond to questions or get her thoughts out. We didn't talk as much today, we just hung out and listened to music. She requested the ten minute live version of Al Green's Love and Happiness so Collette, Nancy and I closed our eyes and listened. Every few minutes, I'd watch Nancy breathing and saw how much more difficult it's becoming. She sometimes grabs on tightly to the bed rail or the sheets for a few minutes and then relaxes again. I held her hand for a bit and hoped she could just know all the things that she means to me because I'm finding it impossible to get the words out.

She said she's probably going to stick around another day or two. I told her I'd see her tomorrow and she said, "I'll be here" and I said, "You better!" But I know it's not much longer now. She asked her sister to stay with her at the hospital tonight instead of going back to Nancy's house to sleep. To me, that means she knows she's nearing the end. I hope it's not tonight and for some reason I feel like it's going to be thursday. There's no real reason for thinking that, it's just a gut feeling.


Yesterday, Collette brought many colors of nail polish and did her nails for her. Each nail is a completely different color; pink, blue, red, green... She held up her hands to show off her new glamor-nails and said, "circus nails!" And proceeded to sing the typical circus music theme like Homer Simpson. She still cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.