Post to Nancy's blog

If you would like to share some words about Nancy, email them to:
blackpiano1.NancyCooley@blogger.com
and they will automatically be added to this blog.

Or email pictures/text to Janice: blackpiano@yahoo.com and she'll post them for you.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Miss Cooley

Oh, Nancy taught me a million things. She taught me about having courage, that brown looks good on blondes, how to brine a turkey, and that ice is key to a good party. Nancy led by example her entire life, but the piece de resistance (oh my god, don't let Nancy know if I've spelled that wrong! I don't even have italics in my email!) was how she handled knowing she was leaving us soon. She was so incredibly graceful and philosophical and generous about it (as always). She told me, "We all die. That's what makes life important." That's easy to say when the end is hypothetical, but it can't be easy when it's staring you in the face. But that's what Nancy did: stare things in the face. She took everything seriously yet found the humor in it all. But she called it like she saw it. And she gave perfect presents, and I think the way she lived her last week was her present to her friends. She was a rare bird. And I hope she knows, I
wouldn't have cleaned a cat box for anybody in the world but her.
-The Other Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.