Hi,
I am Wendy, Nancy’s other sister. I was fortunate enough to go out and see her last week. Of course she had been trying to keep from me how truly ill she was, but it was evident that things were not going well for her. Jerri called me on Friday the 22nd and left the message that I had to call her that night. I feared the worst that Nancy had passed and I had not been there to say good bye. I am so glad that was not the case.
When I was in San Francisco I found out that my baby sister had some really wonderful friends who would go above and beyond to help her. So first of all I want to thank Nancy’s entire support group; Rachel, Allegra, Nancy Hurley, Gretchen (who I got to meet!) and Lily and Christina who I did not get to meet. If I forgot anyone please forgive me. Then there is the wonderful Janice. Your help in the last few days has been incredible. You pulled off a couple of miracles (Frieda and Chris) for Nancy and it made an enormous difference! I had to go home on Sunday and the blog you put up was very much a comfort to me and my family. Our Aunt Helen saw it yesterday and her response was “that this sounds like my Nancy”. I showed it to my kids and they had to laugh when they saw her curly hair.
I want to also thank all the “cousins” who came. It helped more than you can know. So Bruce, Valerie, Marc, Pete, Cash, Richard, John and Nicky thanks for the support, I love you all.
Jerri, I don’t even know what to say you have done so much and with so much grace and dignity. Nancy faced so much and you were right there by her side every step of the way. It was with your support and that of her friends that her last week was a happy one despite of the inevitable staring her in the face. Death is a part of life and I am so glad that Nancy lived to the very last minute. Good on ya Nancy!
You all marvel at her tenacity, warmth of spirit and out spoken way and I wanted to let you know that this is all directly attributable to Cliff and June our mom and dad. Not to mention her magic punch recipe was my dad’s guarded secret for many years. He was absolutely the best bartender you ever wanted to meet. (Sorry Jerri, I am sure you are really good but I have not had the opportunity.)
It was very evident to me that for Nancy to have so many warm and wonderful friends that she may have had a short life but it was a VERY full.
Cliff and June would have been so proud of you Nan-Nan Charlie Dog. You made your mark in the world and passed on their legacy to many others.
Nancy …. I love you honey, you did a great job and its okay to move on. While it is true we will all miss you greatly we have our memories and in another time and place we shall meet again and have a few more adventures. See ya then.
Much love,
Your sister
Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.