Greetings to all Nancy's friends,
Well, it has certainly been a while and I just wanted to tell you all that on June 26th all of Nancy's things were moved out of her apartment and the address at 2731 Harrison is no longer home to Nancy Carol Cooley.
It really did take a village to complete all the work that was done at her place. I want to personally thank all of you that helped out. First, I came and started the packing process on the 11 of June. Therese and Daniel came over and helped tremendously. Then Rachel Nardo came on the 13th of June and packed up all of Nan's book and catalogued them. It was very difficult to be there without Nancy. It made us all very sad. Nancy Hurley et al came the following weekend and got the bed and packed up lots more of the house.
We all took stupid stuff to remind us of Nancy. I lost it over the socks and finally just decided to take a stupid pair of Christmas socks home with me. I think I bought them for her. I certainly don't need another pair of socks but, oh you know what I mean.....................
Actually, Allegra and Lily came over first and took all the outdoor plants and then periodically came over and helped out with moving stuff out. Awesome. My dear friend, Shelley, flew in on the 23rd of June from Canada and her and I finished up the rest of the packing with lots more help. Frieda and Lily came on Wednesday and helped pack and we partied down with beer, wine and pizza. My cousin, Pete, came with a moving truck on Thursday and he moved all the things I will be eventually moving up to my house to storage. Thanks so much Peter!!! He was awesome. I don't recall him ever being that bossy, I kept telling him he was channeling Nancy!!!!!!
Janice and Josh came on Friday and finished up and it was done.
So, again thanks so much from the bottom of my heart for all your help and support. It means the world.
love and big kisses.
xoxoxoxoxo
jerri
the older sister
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.